I have the courage to pamper myself
I am worthy of receiving as well as giving
Pampering and taking care of myself is a healthy thing to do
- To tie together
- To link firmly or closely
- To cause to grow together
- To form by interlacing yarn or thread in a series of connected loops with needles
The phrase to cause to grow together can mean several things.
- First – it means that we are knitting on our sweaters today, causing them to grow.
- Second – it means that we are growing together. Each of us is an inspiration to one another, as we knit together.
- Third – make things clear in your mind by:
- Asking questions
- Thinking things through
- Clearly looking at the pattern
- Take responsibility and own what you do
You have the ability to produce the outcome and achieve your desired result. Move beyond the thinking that has limited or damaged in the past. There are those conditions in our actions, in our thoughts and undertakings that truly impact the outcome in any given situation. You can change your thoughts at any time; choose to make them agree with your desired end result.
Choose your outcome; direct and take charge of your behavior to match that outcome. (Remember, all emotional pains last for 12 minutes, anything longer that that is self-inflicted.)
Listen to your body and its wisdom. You are a knitter:
- Believe in your inner wisdom.
- Honor your ‘gut’ feelings by exploring them.
- Support yourself by acting on your intuition when appropriate. Think:
I give myself the gift of sitting up front in my life. I pay attention. I have a right to really experience my feelings.
In every situation train yourself to:
BLESS the present
EXPECT the best
Building on Small Successes
Building on small successes
In any undertaking
In any relationship
Be very clear of your intentions
Whatever they are,
That is what will manifest
Focusing on our successes, no matter how small, is an effective way to reduce fear. We all have everyday experiences that are successful. Notice those special and significant successes and build upon them. In order to have a happy and fulfilled life we need to focus on those build ups rather than the tear downs. Yet it is so easy to habitually tear ourselves down, by concentrating on our limitations rather than building on our successes.
Acknowledge fears and replace fear with love. When we acknowledge our fears and begin to work through them, we start with just one small step at a time and build on each success. When we experience setbacks; that is the time to believe and trust in our ability. Notice any patterns, either toward your goal or away, and take action.
You are a confident, powerful and spiritually based YOU. Continue to emerge as you let go of your old self. Building a bride of small successes can lead to the shore of our aspirations.
What small, non-threatening step can you take right now to help you transform fear to love and build your own unique bridge.
I allow myself to take small steps toward my goals
I accept and trust myself during both successful and difficult times
I give myself permission to change
Knitting Outside the Box
Please check out the November & December class schedule!
I invite you to take one minute of inner quiet every day:
- Let go of trying to multi-task multiple responsibilities
- Let go of projecting yourself into the future
- Try sixty seconds of listening instead of talking — or lovingly writing a note to someone rather than struggling your way through
Focusing on a 60-second meditation or prayer stops the forward momentum of anxiety and nervousness that's so pervasive in our world. Anybody, regardless of schedule, can do it ! Take just a moment of quiet, think about the love you have in your heart — even one brief minute of peacefulness is powerful.
With your knitting in your hands, take hold of what's fresh and useful from a short meditative break, and receive that calm into the continuing action of your life."